Monday, August 17, 2009

Simple Womans Day Book



FOR TODAY
Outside my window...There is the sound of a steady stream of cars headed north, it is the first day of school at the local Community College. The first day of a new life for some and continued moving forward for others. God Bless our young people, thier care free days of high school or gone a whole new world awaits them.
It is a pleasant cool morning a little over cast, effects of the hurricane or now Tropical Storm headed to FL. Pray for these dear folks.

I am thinking...How almost fall like it seems this morning, but I know it will be so hot this evening. I can almost feel fall in the air in the early morning hours.

I am thankful …..for this day God has given us, for the over abundance of fruits and veggies he has helped produce for my freezer and canning. And that DH is feeling well enough to grow it and help pick and can it. For the visit from my middle boy and family,

From the kitchen...for breakfast it’s hot coffee, sausage and pancakes with blueberry syrup. Lunch will be tomato sandwiches. Super will be a big green salad and boiled shrimp.

I am wearing…long white gown and barefooted..

I am going…to can more pear halves for DH. Was going to make pear relish but he decided he wanted pear halves instead…fine by me much easier to do. I will post recipe for pear relish later this week for those who asked about it.

I am creating...have been too busy lately to craft much. Hope to get through with canning and work around house soon so I can get started on my Christmas paintings.

I am reading...The Book of Daniel, what a great and complicated book.

I am hearing...The sound of knowledge.....cars headed to first day of college.

Around the house...Everything is quite except for the passing cars. Dishes need washing and clothes need folding.

One of my favorite things...is watching the sun come up over the trees on a cool crisp morning.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Monday…can pears, go to Wally World and buy groceries
Tuesday…start packing my stuff up, from my bedrooms and getting everything ready for Thursday
Weds….Bible study, we are studying the book of Daniel
Thurs…Hoo-ray the day I’ve been waiting for 3 months (really several years) we are getting our flooring down in 2 bed rooms and the bath. Can’t wait
Fri. play it my ear and clean up and rearrange furniture.
Sat. Play it by ear
Sunday …go to Church
Here is picture thought I am sharing...
Hope you have a great day. don't forget to check out the other daybooks for today.

4 comments:

  1. Halloo Molly...eat a big ol' plateful of boiled shrimp for me tonight...cold boiled shrimp on a hot day, ain't nothing like it!!!

    Those pear halves you are putting up will sure be nice on some winter day! Looking forward to that pear relish recipe, too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you through Country Wings in Phoenix. I used to live in LA. I haven't been back to visit for a long time, though it's always on my mind. Nice personal profile you wrote. Please visit me when you have a chance. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a cool idea for a blog! Mmm... wonder if I could incorporate it into 1 or 2 days a week on my Country Grammy blog... Would you mind?

    I do notice though, that you haven't done much lately on this one or your art one... ?

    Linda

    P.S. We live over the Mountains from you in the San Joaquin Valley...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Molly, I would love to have a little of those pears you're canning...they are my favorite fruit, along with apricots. I love the way you make a list of days and projects...I think that would help me stay focused, so maybe I'll try it. Will join you in prayer for those challenged with natural disasters...sure a lot of them lately.

    God bless...have a wonderful week!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete