Monday, May 11, 2009

The Simple Woman's Day book

Outside my window...
This morning it is overcast but after the storms last night everything is still and refreshed...the traffic is slow this morning, Co-Lin finished the Spring Semester last week. DH's garden has sprung to live with the rains

I am thinking...
How we never know from one day to the next what life has in store, I met a sweet lady Susie Mitchell from, susies-heart on my blog 2 weeks ago, she found me, and last Monday when I was depressed she left me such a sweet up beat comment, I learned through another friend of her's that she left this world to be with our Lord a few days later. I knew her for only a short time, but she touched my heart in a special way, she will be missed.

I am thankful ….
for the friends that enter my life and touch my heart, even if for a short time.
From the kitchen...
Coffee, and Peach Cobbler...hummm good. Supper I'm thinking Fried Pork Chops, mashed Tatar, gravy, butter peas and broccoli and cheese, sweet tea and cornbread.
I am wearing…
blue jeans and a grey Ranger T-Shirt
I am going…
to try to get my house back in shape this week.
I am creating...
a blog book using Blurg BookSmart..can't wait to get it. Also I am doing another pair of pillow cases
I am finishing....
up my bedroom re-do...
I am reading...
not getting any reading done right now.
I am hoping...
to get started on my bathroom re-do this week we'll see

I am praying...
for all of the folks in the fire zone and in the path of all these storms. So many have lost everything.
I am hearing..
Fox News on TV and the coffee pot perking, love that sound.
Around the house...
clothes need washing, floors need mopping, but still have curtains that need cutting off and heming, then hung, before I can do any real deep cleaning.

One of my favorite things..
the feeling of satisfaction when a job is finished.

A few plans for the rest of the week...
Finishing my bedroom curtains, going to Mo-Mo's softball game, and Redman's ball game, take the travel car to get the oil leak fixed. And just what ever comes up, learning not to plan to much....
Here is a picture thought for the day..Hope you have a great day. don't forget to check out the other daybooks for today. .

2 comments:

  1. A perking coffeepot is such a homey, cozy sound!

    Those poor people in the path of all the storms -- our weather does seem very strange this year, more dangerous earlier than usual...

    ReplyDelete